The AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students (August 1-3, Kansas City, Missouri) is the place to explore, learn, and connect for the next chapter of family medicine. Some of the many benefits of attending include:
- Educational Programming: Attend workshops, procedural skills courses, and more such as applying to residency and interpreting an ECG.
- Expo Hall: More than 300 family medicine residency programs in the same place, saving you the hassle and expense of visiting each one.
- Health Care Transformation: Fantastic speakers who share the ins and outs of their careers in family medicine as well as the role and impact family medicine will have in future health care system changes.
- Leadership opportunities: Expand your leadership skills by participating in the Student Congress.
- Connections: Family medicine leaders, physicians, residents, and medical students from all over the country who share a passion for family medicine
The advance registration deadline is June 27th and allows you to save $50. In the past, the Family Medicine department has provided reimbursement money for those attending the conference. We ask that you apply for a scholarship for the chance to help offset the cost to the department and our local FMIG chapter: http://www.aafp.org/events/national-conference/about/scholarships.html. If this is your first time attending the conference, you can fill out the first year attendee form: http://www.aafp.org/dam/AAFP/documents/events/nc/NCFirstAttendeeapp.pdf.
You must fill out a scholarship application to be eligible for reinbursement by the department! These scholarship applications are due by May 1st. To learn more and to register for the conference, please visit www.aafp.org/nc. Once you have registered and filled out a scholarship, please forward your confirmation and application to me (email@example.com) so we can put you on the reimbursement list.
Please note these important deadlines: